AmpMe – allows you to output the same music on multiple smartphones with very precise stream synchronization. The result is a loud multi-channel speaker system.
How to work with AmpMe:
- Install the AmpMe app from Google Play or the Apple App Store on at least two devices (one will be the source of the content and the other will pick up the stream by increasing the volume).
- Run the app on all devices.
- On the main device, press the “Start a new party” button and select music. AmpMe plays tracks stored locally and music from SoundCloud. You will see the code is 4 digits — it is necessary to introduce auxiliary devices.
- On other smartphones, press the “Join an existing party” button and enter the code shown on the main device.
- Now we need to synchronize the stream. To do this, hold the smartphones close to each other and wait a few seconds. As soon as the sound wave visualization disappears — the setup is complete. If you later lose the synchronization, you can configure it again.
When you switch tracks, the music changes synchronously on all devices. The app works over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, but it’s best when all smartphones are connected to a shared Wi-Fi network.
There are quite a lot of ways to use such a system: for example, you can share your music on your friends ‘ smartphones during a walk or picnic, connect extra smartphones to the speakers throughout the house and control the music remotely or simply “improve” the sound when listening to music in a friendly company.