Riot.im — it is a super secure, open source, cross-platform messenger. The messenger is based on the Matrix Protocol. Clients for personal computers are based on a web client and use Electron. Matrix is a communication Protocol, and Riot is a client application. Riot.im supports messaging (even offline), file transfer, voice and video conferencing. It is possible to enable encryption for all chats, but according to the developers, it is in beta development.
- sending images and files;
- personal and group messages;
- end-to-end encryption;
- paste images into chat directly from the clipboard;
- storage of all communication history and files on the server;
- group audio and video calls based on WebRTC;
- flexible configuration of moderators, access to history after entering the room and user rights in the rooms;
- notifications about the set and reading, in group chats with a large number of participants clearly see which of the participants to what place read;
- support for bots in different programming languages;
- full-featured web-client that allows you to log in from any place and start chatting, access to the entire history of communication;
- possibility of guest access to rooms for viewing history and communication without login, generation of static pages with room logs;
- mobile clients for Android and iOS with Push notifications and very economical battery consumption;
- desktop clients for Windows, Linux, macOS.