• Stream shows, movies, and videos from your Plex Media Server or a friends’
• Simultaneously watch TV and movies together (up to 4 friends) with voice chat and synced video
• Full support for 360°/180° and 3D videos
• Three interactive scenes, including a luxury apartment, void, and a drive-in theater
• Save and play videos directly from your device
• Personalize your avatar and name tag color
• Point and click to play, or grab videos from the menu to review the cover art and more. You can even place a video next to you to watch later!
Experience your media in dazzling and interactive virtual reality with Plex VR. You can easily watch together with friends using voice chat, custom avatars, and your choice of customizable environments.
Plex VR takes all the movie, TV shows, and home movies from your Plex Media Server and launches them into virtual reality. With support for 360° and 3D videos, Plex VR delivers an amazing entertainment experience right to your Google Daydream headset. Any movie, TV or home video content on any server you control or that’s shared with you is available in Plex VR. It’s the most social, interactive, local, and streaming video experience in VR today!
Learn more about Plex
Plex Pass required for access to Drive-in theatre and for Watching Together after one week free trial period.
NOTE: REQUIRES PLEX MEDIA SERVER VERSION 0.9.11.1 OR HIGHER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM MEDIA FROM A COMPUTER. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
Plex VR requires a Daydream View Headset and Compatible Android Phone:
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel XL
ZTE Axon 7
ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe
Motorola Moto Z
Motorola Moto Z Force
Huawei Mate 9 Pro
Porsche Design Mate 9
ASUS ZenFone AR
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
– Redesigned launcher icons.
– Application logs can now be shared using 'Support' action in settings.
– Playback controls were too low for 180 and 360 content.
– Skipping ahead during playback would reset the stereo and projection modes.
– Headphones being plugged in or out were not detected during a Watch Together session.
– Don't show 'share with friends?' dialog before playback if playing local content.
– Hide 'This Device' server during a Watch Together session.
App now behaves correctly when device is offline.
'Watch Together' rolled out for Android Oreo, and app name updated in Settings app.
Watch together for Android Oreo coming soon.
Plex VR 1.0